To vote in the September 26, 2022 provincial by-election in Saskatoon Meewasin, you must:

  • Be a Canadian citizen;
  • Be at least 18 years old;
  • Have lived in Saskatchewan the last 6 months;
  • Ordinarily be a resident in the constituency of Saskatoon Meewasin on August 29, 2022, the day the by-election was called.

You can also vote if:

  • you are a British subject who was qualified as a voter on June 23, 1971
  • you meet the residency requirements stated above.

Special Eligibility Rules for Saskatchewan Voters

You need ID to vote

You need to show ID that confirms your name and address before you get a ballot. You have 3 options for ID:

1. Driver’s Licence. A valid driver’s licence, or other government-issued ID, that has your name, photo and current address.

2. Two pieces of ID. Both must show your name and at least 1 shows your current address. There are 50+ options in the list below.

3. Another voter can vouch for you. No ID? An eligible voter (who knows you) and is assigned to the same voting location, may vouch for one voter.

50+ acceptable ID options:

Proof of Identity Proof of Identity and Address
Birth Certificate


Canada Border Services Agency ID

Canadian Blood Services Donor Card

Canadian Forces ID

Canadian Passport


CIC Citizenship Card


Credit Card

Debit Card

Driver’s Licence (Saskatchewan)

Firearms Possession Licence

Fishing, Trapping, Hunting Licence

Government Employee Card

Health Card (Saskatchewan)

Hospital Bracelet

Indian Status Card

Métis Nation Status Card

Old Age Security (OAS) Card

Other ID (Government, Municipality, School Division, Indian Band)

Pleasure Craft Operators Licence

Parole Card

Passport of a Foreign State

Radio Operator Card

Social Insurance Card

Student Card from Post-Secondary Institution

Union ID

Veterans Affairs Health Card

Voter Information Card

Wildlife Certificate

Admission Form (Shelter, Student, Seniors Residence)


Attestation of Residence

Bank Statement

Blank Cheque with the Voter’s Name

Certificate of Title

Cheque (Government, Municipality, School Division, Indian Band)

Credit Card Statement

Crop Insurance Statement

Court Document

Employer Paycheque

Government Benefits Statement (Employment Insurance, OAS, Social Assistance, Disability Support, Child Tax Benefit, Workers’ Compensation)

Income Tax Assessment

Insurance Policy

Letter of Authorization from a First Nations Band

Letter of Stay (Shelter, Student, Seniors Residence)

Mortgage or Lease Statement

Pension Statement

Post-Secondary Mail

Property Tax Assessment

Public Guardian or Trustee Letter

Utility Bill (telephone, power, cable)

Vehicle Registration

Voter Information Card from a Saskatchewan Municipality

Vote by mail acceptable ID options